The first military laser tag gunfight simulator was put into the USA army service in 1979. It was called MILES (Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System).
SYSTEM GOAL IS TACTICAL TRAINING
- Laser tag system can be used for both long and short distances.
- The system can be used for military vehicles.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE LASER SIMULATOR
- Perfect tool for tactical and weapons training of personnel
- Laser simulation technologies are widely used in the armies of the USA, Canada, the UK, Norway, France, China etc.
- Drastically realistic conditions of combay
- Operational shooting distance is up to 3280 ft. The system is integrated into combat weapon without damaging its structure
- No controversial points. Electronics controls the whole process. Defeated trainee is deactivated automatically
- No dependence on the area for trainings
- Shooting is performed with safe laser or infrared rays
- Cost efficient. Low cost of equipment, no consumables needed
WEAKNESSES OF THE CURRENT WAYS OF TACTICAL TRAINING
- Trainings do not receive any feedback – the trainee does not understand whether or not he has hit the target
- Hits are not fixed — there are no signs that the military man has been hit and must stop active actions
- No possibility to work on the mistakes
- When using alternative systems (Airsoft or paintball ones, for example) the tactical & technical parameters do not have necessary features for shooting length, strength, speed etc.
- When using other training systems the expendables and difficult report system is required
LASER TAG WORK PRINCIPLE
- Weapons are equipped with a laser or infrared emitter
- When on fire the emitter produces an impulse recorded by hit sensors
- Sensors are located on the headband and vest
- The connection between laser tag equipment components is wireless (Radio, Wi-Fi)
- The light and vibro- indication is shown on a hypothetical enemy’s sensors, the injury can also come with a sound signal
- The weapon of the defeated trainee is turned off automatically
DIFFERENTIATED SYSTEM OF DAMAGE
- Helmet — 100% damage
- Shoulders — 50% damage
- Vest — 10-25% depending on the settings
The hitting is accompanied with light -, sound -, and vibrio- indication.
SYSTEM OF OPERATION WITH BLANK AMMUNITION
- A laser / infrared ray is initiated simultaneously with a blank shot
- The system is realistic – tactile perception of a pull-off, sound effects
- Firing training is partly practiced as well as the tactical one
Statistical data the total number of shots, hits, injuries, firing efficiency etc.) is sent by the laser tag kits directly to the program that visualizes them immediately.
CUSTOMIZATION & ADJUSTMENT
The software allows setting each single laser tag kit, changing military characteristics and the trainee sensibility.
ARMOURED VEHICLES EXPLOSIVE SIMULATION SYSTEM
The system includes:
- Grenade launcher with build-in IR emitter
- Electronic target secured to the armored vehicles with magnets
The principle of action:
When the grenade launcher hits the target you hear the sound and see the light indication – the target is nominally defeated. To create more realistic conditions, electronic target can be equipped with contacts for pyro-cartridge connection.
- Securing to the armored vehicles: magnets
- Reacting only on hitting from grenade launcher
- Signal reception sector (hitting): 360 degrees
- Off-line work time: 36 hours
- Firing destruction range: up to 300 meters
WEAPON PROTECTED CONSTRUCTION INTEGRATION
Laser emitters can be integrated (connected) into the weapon with no construction failure.
Emitters can be integrated into:
- Assault rifles
- Machine guns
- Grenade launchers
- Sniper rifles
LASER TAG EQUIPMENT FEATURES
1. It fully corresponds to the international Miles Tag 2 protocol.
2. There is a wide choice of laser tag systems based on:
- Infrared emission
- Laser emission
- Laser emission when shooting with blank ammunition
3. Detailed online statistics of each trainee performance:
- The number of shots
- The number of hits
- The number of injuries
- Total efficiency
4. Only safe certificated emitters are used
5. There are differentiated damages hit zones
6.Off-line work time up to 36 hours.
7. Military characteristics are adjusted through the radio channel as well as through an ANDROID application
8. The immediate notice when hitting the competitor
9. You get 12-month warranty for the equipment and instant technical support
DIFFERENT TACTICAL METHODS TRAINING
- Making reconnaissance in different conditions
- Securing the objects
- Actual collision with the enemy, gunfight
- Guarding techniques
- Defense of different enemy’s attacks
- Holding / release of hostages
- Arrangement of gunpoint, object, block post
- Enemy objects attacks
- Clearing of premises & trenches
- Moving through dangerous areas with mines and trips
- Bomb planting & objects clearing
- Actions in difficult weather conditions (night, rain etc.)
Our laser tag system is successfully used for the tactical training process of military science department faculty students of National Technical University «NTU», Kharkov, Ukraine.
PERFORMANCE & TECHNICAL FEATURES
TACTICAL TRAINING SIMULATOR
|Sensors type||indicators for the helmet||helmet+vest||helmet+vest+weapon|
|Amount of sensors||4 pcs||12 pcs||13 pcs|
|Differentiated damage||no / 1 zone||yes / 4 zones||yes / 5 zones|
|System integration type||inbuilt||mounted||mounted|
|Shot distance*||up to 300 m||up to 300 m||up to 1000 m|
|Off-line work time**||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours|
|Feedback when hitting||no||yes||yes|
|Compatible with Mile Tag 2||yes||yes||yes|
|Operation with blank ammunition||no||no||yes|
|Control through PC program||no||yes||yes|
|Control via Android||no||no||yes|
* depends of weather conditions and intensity of life
** depends on air temperature, battery level & other factors
*** isn`t a basic option & can be integrated separately
**** protective glasses are needed only when using laser emitter