The first military laser tag gunfight simulator was put into the US army service in 1979. It was called MILES (Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System).
SYSTEM GOAL IS TACTICAL TRAINING
- Laser tag systems can be used for both long and short distances.
- The system can be used for military vehicles.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE LASER SIMULATOR
- Perfect tool for tactical and weapons training of personnel;
- Weapon simulation technologies are widely used in the armies of the USA, Canada, the UK, Norway, France, China etc.;
- Realistic combat conditions;
- Operational shooting distance is up to 3280 ft. The system is integrated into a combat weapon without damaging its structure;
- No uncertain situations. Electronics controls the whole process. A defeated trainee is deactivated automatically;
- No dependence on the area for trainings;
- Shooting is performed with a safe laser or infrared beam;
- Cost efficient. Low cost of equipment, no replenishable items needed.
WEAKNESSES OF THE CURRENT WAYS OF TACTICAL TRAINING
- Trainings do not receive any feedback – the trainee does not understand whether or not he has hit the target;
- Hits are not fixed — there are no signs that the trainee has been hit and must stop his progress;
- No possibility to work on the mistakes;
- When using alternative systems (Airsoft or paintball ones, for example) tactical & technical parameters do not have the necessary features for shooting length, strength, speed, etc.
- When using other training systems single-use items are required and a difficult reporting system is required.
LASER TAG WORK PRINCIPLE
- Weapons are equipped with a laser or infrared emitter;
- When fired the emitter produces an impulse and is recorded by hit sensors;
- Sensors are located on the headband and vest;
- The connection between the laser tag equipment components is wireless (Radio, Wi-Fi);
- The light and vibration indication is shown on the hypothetical enemy’s sensors, the injury can also come with a sound signal;
- The weapon of the defeated trainee is turned off automatically.
DIFFERENTIATED DAMAGE SYSTEM
- Helmet — 100% damage
- Shoulders — 50% damage
- Vest — 10-25% depending on the settings
The hitting is accompanied with light-, sound-, and vibration indication.
SYSTEM OF OPERATION WITH BLANK AMMUNITION
- A laser / infrared ray is initiated simultaneously with a blank shot;
- The system is realistic – tactile perception of real weapon, sound effects;
- Firing training is partly practiced as well as the tactical one.
Statistical data the total number of shots, hits, injuries, firing efficiency etc.) is sent by the laser tag kits directly to the program that visualizes them immediately.
CUSTOMIZATION & ADJUSTMENT
The software allows setting each individual laser tag kit, changing military characteristics and the trainee sensibility.
ARMOURED VEHICLES EXPLOSIVE SIMULATION SYSTEM
The system includes:
- Grenade launcher with build-in IR emitter;
- Electronic target secured to the armored vehicles with magnets;
The principle of action:
When the grenade launcher hits the target you hear the sound and see the light indication – the target is defeated. To create more realistic conditions, the electronic target can be equipped with contacts for a pyro-cartridge connection.
- Securing to the armored vehicles: magnets;
- Reacting only on hitting from grenade launcher;
- Signal reception sector (hitting): 360 degrees;
- Off-line work time: 36 hours;
- Firing destruction range: up to 300 meters.
WEAPON PROTECTED CONSTRUCTION INTEGRATION
Laser emitters can be integrated (connected) into the weapon with no construction failure.
Emitters can be integrated into:
- Assault rifles
- Machine guns
- Grenade launchers
- Sniper rifles
LASER TAG EQUIPMENT FEATURES
1. It fully corresponds to the international Miles Tag 2 protocol.
2. There is a wide choice of laser tag systems based on:
- Infrared emission
- Laser emission
- Laser emission when shooting with blank ammunition
3. Detailed online statistics of each trainee performance:
- The number of shots
- The number of hits
- The number of injuries
- Total efficiency
4. Only safe certificated emitters are used
5. There are differentiated damages hit zones
6. Off-line work time up to 36 hours
7. Military characteristics are adjusted through the radio channel as well as through an ANDROID application
8. The immediate notice when hitting the competitor
9. You get 12-month warranty for the equipment and instant technical support
DIFFERENT TACTICAL METHODS TRAINING
- Making reconnaissance in different conditions;
- Securing the objects;
- Actual collision with the enemy, gunfight
- Guarding techniques
- Defense of different enemy’s attacks
- Holding / release of hostages
- Arrangement of gunpoint, object, block post
- Enemy objects attacks
- Clearing of premises & trenches
- Moving through dangerous areas with mines and trips
- Bomb planting & objects clearing
- Actions in difficult weather conditions (night, rain etc.)
Our laser tag system is successfully used for the tactical training process of military science department faculty students of National Technical University «NTU», Kharkov, Ukraine.
PERFORMANCE & TECHNICAL FEATURES
TACTICAL TRAINING SIMULATOR
|Sensors type||indicators for the helmet||helmet+vest||helmet+vest+weapon|
|Amount of sensors||4 pcs||12 pcs||13 pcs|
|Differentiated damage||no / 1 zone||yes / 4 zones||yes / 5 zones|
|System integration type||inbuilt||mounted||mounted|
|Shot distance*||up to 300 m||up to 300 m||up to 1000 m|
|Off-line work time**||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours|
|Feedback when hitting||no||yes||yes|
|Compatible with Mile Tag 2||yes||yes||yes|
|Operation with blank ammunition||no||no||yes|
|Control via PC program||no||yes||yes|
|Control via Android App||no||no||yes|
* depends on weather conditions and intensity of life
** depends on air temperature, battery level & other factors
*** isn`t a basic option & can be integrated separately
**** protective glasses are needed only when using laser emitter